Learn How Your Blood Donation Can Save a Life
Did you know that every two seconds in the U.S., someone is in need of a blood transfusion? By donating blood, you can help give the gift of life. When you watch this video, you’ll hear the story of Brian Boyle, who has competed in four triathlons and is currently training to qualify for the World Championship.
Brian received a second chance at life thanks to blood donors. Ten years ago, Brian was in a horrific accident. A speeding dump truck struck his vehicle, causing him to suffer a range of traumatic injuries. In addition to his collapsed lungs and shattered bones, Brian suffered from 60 percent blood loss. He required dozens of blood transfusions and 13 plasma treatments, but is now fully recovered. Today, he works to raise awareness about the need for blood donations.
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center is committed to providing exceptional healthcare to residents of Las Vegas with our emergency care, stroke care, and heart care services. To speak with a registered nurse, call (702) 233-5300.
- The Consult-A-Nurse Health Line
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center Ranked #1 By U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals Metro Area Rankings 2011-2012
- Holiday Mishaps that May Result in a Visit to the ER
- Let the Sleep Disorders Center at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center Help You Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- Overcoming low vision with assistive devices