Nutrition Consultations for Weight Loss Surgery
Those who cannot lose weight through diet and exercise may turn to bariatric surgery for help reaching their target weight. If you’re considering weight loss surgery, you must first understand how the procedure will affect your appetite.
In this video, registered dietician Shannon Hitzman of Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center discusses a patient’s diet progression following bariatric surgery. Immediately after the surgery, the patient only consumes liquids, then moves on to pureed foods, soft foods, and normal foods in the ensuing weeks. At first, the reduced stomach size only allows the patient to consume about ¼ cup of food at each meal.
For more information about bariatric surgery, call Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center at (702) 233-5300. We’re dedicated to providing emergency care and general wellness services to the people of Southern Nevada.
- The Consult-A-Nurse Health Line
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center Ranked #1 By U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals Metro Area Rankings 2011-2012
- Holiday Mishaps that May Result in a Visit to the ER
- Let the Sleep Disorders Center at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center Help You Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- Overcoming low vision with assistive devices