Essential Foods for the Diabetic Diet
If you have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, your doctor has likely recommended that you alter your existing eating habits. A health-conscious diet is important for everyone, but diabetics must pay especially close attention to the foods they consume. The goal for a diabetic diet is choosing foods that offer stable and long-lasting energy. The food group that can best provide this type of energy is complex carbohydrates. Many people might turn to whole grain items such as oatmeal or quinoa to satisfy their carbohydrate needs. While these foods can prevent abrupt changes to your blood glucose levels, certain vegetables and dairy items can also give you long-lasting energy. In particular, yogurt, spinach, and broccoli are highly beneficial for diabetic individuals.
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center offers diabetes classes to residents in Southern Nevada. To learn more about these classes, call (702) 233-5300 today. You can also visit our website for more information on our services for the diabetic community.
- The Consult-A-Nurse Health Line
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center Ranked #1 By U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals Metro Area Rankings 2011-2012
- Holiday Mishaps that May Result in a Visit to the ER
- Let the Sleep Disorders Center at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center Help You Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- Overcoming low vision with assistive devices