These Resources Can Help You Learn More About Stroke, Cardiovascular Health, and More
In our recent blog posts, we discussed the risk factors for stroke and a variety of other health topics. Visit these websites or contact Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center at (702) 233-5300 to learn even more about maintaining excellent health.
- Drug use and abuse can lead to many unfortunate health complications. Read more about alcohol, drugs, and their effects on the National Institute of Drug Abuse website.
- Alcohol and drug use by American youth is an important health issue—visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for more information.
- The cessation of opiate drug use can lead to symptoms of withdrawal. Learn more about withdrawal and its treatment from the MedlinePlus medical reference website.
- Do you know the signs of cardiac arrest and heart attack? The American Heart Association provides more information on their website.
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute also provides helpful information about sudden cardiac arrest on this fact sheet.
- Evaluating your risk factors for a stroke can help you avoid the complications of this dangerous event. Read through this article to learn the major risk factors.
- You can also learn more about your possible risk factors and the types of stroke on the National Stroke Association website.
- Knowing the signs of a stroke can help you or a loved one to get treatment in time. Learn what the signs are on the American Stroke Association website.
- Smoking cigarettes can adversely affect almost every part of your body. This CDC article lists some of the major health risks of this unhealthy habit.
- MRI technology allows physicians to peer inside the body to diagnose disease. Read more about this advanced imaging technology on RadiologyInfo.org.