Resources for Living a Healthier Life
Increasing your awareness of the newest medical technologies and treatment options can help you improve your health and prevent disease. Take an active step in learning more by looking through the helpful articles below. If you have any further medical questions, please contact Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center at (702) 233-5300.
- Undergoing regular screening is the best way to detect cancer early, while it is most treatable. Visit the American Cancer Society website to read their recommended screening guidelines for most adults.
- Would you like to find out more about your potential colorectal cancer risk? This digital booklet found on the National Cancer Institute website provides a comprehensive overview of this type of cancer, including its symptoms, treatment, and risk factors.
- You can also find out more about the statistics associated with colorectal cancer by reading this article from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention .
- Our vision is a powerful way that we are able to interact with our world. Learn more about protecting your vision while at work by visiting the American Optometric Association website.
- Prevent Blindness America is another helpful resource for those looking to learn more about eye health and safety.
- The term “cardiovascular disease” encompasses many different heart conditions, from arrhythmias to coronary heart disease . This overview from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides more detailed information about the types of heart disease.
- High blood pressure is one of the major risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease. Visit the American Heart Association website to find out more about this condition and what you can do to control it.
- Men and women living with diabetes mellitus are also at a higher risk for heart disease. The American Diabetes Association website contains more information about eating well and controlling diabetes.
- The new Hybrid OR at Sunrise Hospital provides patients and physicians with a new level of safety and efficiency in cardiac care by allowing cardiac catheterization procedures and cardiac surgery to be performed in the same room.
- There are many different types of heart surgery that have been developed to treat different issues with heart function. This article from MedlinePlus provides more information about the various cardiac surgical procedures.