Studies show that approximately 1 in every 6 individuals in the United States—or 40 million—suffer from some type of sleep disorder. Unfortunately, most of these cases are often undiagnosed until there is a serious complication.
The Sunrise Hospital Sleep Disorders Center provides a unique setting where patients can undergo in-depth evaluations while they are asleep. Our Sleep Center strives to provide a comfortable setting for our patients, complete with newly renovated suites, cable television, and even shower facilities for patients to use upon waking. We are also one of three accredited sleep centers in Nevada and provide the only bariatric bed capable of holding up to 1,000 pounds.
Using non-invasive sensory attachments, our skilled technicians measure brain wave activity, heart rate, muscle activity, oxygen saturation, respiratory effort, and body position. Our sleep disorder treatments include medications, recommended lifestyle changes, alternative sleeping methods, positive pressure airway therapy, oral appliances, and even surgical intervention.
The best way to determine if you require the services of the Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center’s Sleep Center is to utilize our online sleep disorder assessment tool . Some signs that you may be suffering from a sleep disorder include:
- Feeling sleepy or dozing while reading, watching TV, participating in daily activities, or even driving.
- Having difficulty sleeping at least three nights a week. This may include waking frequently during the night, inability to fall back to sleep upon waking, or trouble initially falling asleep.
- Snoring loudly.
- Feelings of unpleasant, tingling, nervousness, or the urge to move one’s legs while trying to sleep
- Heartburn, bad dreams, discomfort, and other interruptions to your nightly sleep patterns.
- Periods in which you stop breathing or gasp for breath.
Lean more about the causes and types of sleep disorders .
If you suspect that you’re suffering from a sleep disorder, such as sleep apnea, snoring, or insomnia, then it may be time to schedule a consultation at the Sleep Disorders Center of Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center . Contact the Sleep Disorders Center at (702) 731-8365 to schedule an appointment or for more information.